The Winter Cap

This years problem has been finding the proper winter cap. Of all the millions of embroidered acrylic "beanies" and fur-lined Ushanka hats very few have caught my eye or warranted me spending any amount of money for their disappointment. These are the three that have made it into my wardrobe this season and hopefully many seasons to come.

This amazing cashmere trapper cap by Amicale Cashmere is made in the U.S.A. from some of the finest cashmere around. It reminds me a lot of the Borsalino "Legionnaire" hat that C'H'C'M' has decided to stock at his shop but for a third of the cost. You can pick yours up on Amazon here or from one of the select Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, or Saks Fifth Avenue around the US that carry Amicale.

The second cap that adorns my crown is the wool blend (AKA 50% wool, 50% acrylic) knit cap by Band of Outsiders. It doesn't keep my head as warm as I would like but it definitely adds that extra bit of quirkiness that I want in every outfit. It is from last year but you can still snag yours from Farfetch for half the price of what they went for then.

Lastly, or should I say first since it was my first winter purchase when I moved to New York a little over a year ago. Either way, the most utilized item in my winter wardrobe is the ever trustworthy Rothco U.S.N. navy watch cap. It is 100% wool and keeps my head extremely warm. No item is as tried and true as the U.S.N. watch cap and at a mere $5.00 at most army surplus stores or at Rothco's website for a few bucks more.

No comments:

Post a Comment