Steez Biting: Saddle Shoes and Sand


Found this picture (didn't have to search too hard) on Secret Forts and fell head over heals for the dirty saddle shoes.  I've always been a fan of wearing shoes to the beach, especially my vans.  The fine grain sand works as a pseudo baby powder and will keep my shoes from falling into the evil grips of the stank.  Everything else from the slightly oversized shirts to the length of the shorts just appeals to me.  So, when it comes to my next visit to the beach either here in New York or back home in L.A. you'll catch me in this exact outfit (J. Crew blue or gray chambray, Woolrich brown corduroy bush shorts and a pair of Mark McNairy New Amsterdam pigeon saddle shoes) , and if I'm lucky I'll have a beautiful girl holding my hand as well.

5 comments:

iamtheavalanche said...

Seriously love the look but you would really wear McNairy's at the beach

Anonymous said...

I have older pairs of saddles that would do for the beach, as they move down the line from new to well worn. I have a pair of Rockports that were great walking shoes, and now well broken in for "off the street" wear. Like me, older, well broken in, and comfortable!

Anonymous said...

Epic shoes

Carl Smythers said...

I have worn something similar to these shoes before. It's comfortable and durable. I'm currently into Clarks boots for men though. If you know a sale or bargain seller, please let me know.

Maia Dobson said...

These monk shoes look like it can handle any trekking without losing its beauty. My sister went to a naot shoes for sale event last month and she got a wonderful monk shoes like this. The leather finishing of this shoes is so sleek.

Post a Comment